Thursday, October 29, 2009
This is the album cover that I shot for the band El Nono about 6 months ago. It was really fun to see the shot all over Amazon, iTunes, etc. We had a great time and I'm glad the shots turned out well. You'd never know it but we shot this just off the side of the canyon roads just north of Los Angeles. Thanks again to Don and Chris for the help they gave and to Cassandra and Steve for setting up the opportunity!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I know it's been forever since I've posted a blog post and I apologize things have been crazy! This is a rundown of the past three weeks for me:
- Photoshop World- I went to the Photoshop World Convention in Las Vegas at the start of October. It was awesome but I ended up missing a good portion of it because I was rear ended by a knucklehead in my car on Tropicana Ave.....but more of that below. The convention was great and it was the first time I've ever gone. If you aren't using CS4 you need to be because the software is amazing.
- Car Accident- as I mentioned I was hit. I was sitting behind some traffic and the guy that hit me tried to make it through a red light and I was the first car past the crosswalk....he didn't see me and hit me at about 30-35 mph. My Diet Coke flew out of the cup holder spilling all over the car, my GPS crashed off the dashboard, and I got whiplash. The guy was pretty nice but I ended up not liking him very much because he told his insurance Geico that there was no damage to the car and on a scale of 1-10 in severity the accident was a "1". I laughed when Geico told me this and told them to wait and see what their body shop said. After the shop told them that there was several thousands of dollars of repairs needed they changed their tune a little on my settlement. What's even funnier is that I had a rate request into Geico right before the accident. Two days after I put my claim in they sent me an email letting me know they wouldn't insure me because of "Claim History" even though they admitted total fault....what a joke....made me want to choke a Gecko and punch a caveman.
- Buffalo Flu- I came down with a nasty flu...my wife thinks it was the Buffalo Flu....might as well start a new one right? I don't know if it was the Porky the Pig Flu but my family didn't get sick and I'm all better now.
- BYU Football- went to the BYU-SDSU football game in San Diego on Saturday...it was a ton of fun and the boys loved it. We are headed up to Utah to do the game at Provo against TCU this weekend....that should be a blast.
- Pictage Conference- I'm going to the Pictage conference in New Orleans in two weeks...that should be awesome...can't wait to do some shoots there.
What's really cool is Delta's new inflight internet service which is what I'm using right now to write this blog. I love using the internet while flying...what a novel concept! Long overdue and definitely a perk worth paying for. I promise to blog better.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Recently I was in Pocatello Idaho and had the opportunity to do a great shoot while there with Melissa Frederickson. We located an abandoned gas station, brought out the video lights and started shooting. It was a very fun and interesting shoot because it was raining and for some reason cop cars kept passing like we were some place in Los Angeles. I hope yo enjoy the shots!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
I am so happy to release the wedding slideshow for Danny and Christine married recently in San Diego, California. It was such a beautiful wedding and a wonderful couple. I can't thank Don Atherton enough for coming and helping on such a scorching hot day. We drank enough water to last a week it was so HOT! The wedding was wonderful and the Father of the Bride said something so nice to me after the wedding was over. He walked over to me and said, "You are the first person I've ever known that can bear his soul through a piece of mechanical equipment (meaning my camera)." I really appreciated his comments and the relationship I have made with the entire family. Congratulations Danny and Christine!!!!