Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'll carry you

There is so much that we do for our children, and our children give us so much back. But there are times where a parent is given something back that they'll never forget. Kara and I took our boys to Disneyland for an all day event. I'm traveling quite a bit now so we make sure to do a lot of fun things as a family to make sure to stay connected. We stayed in the Disney hotel the night before which was a blast. We got up the next morning and got into the park by 7am. We were there until midnight. It was a blast and as a family it was a day we'll never forget.

As we were leaving the boys just couldn't walk...they were too tired. We couldn't take a shuttle because we were parked at the hotel so we had to walk. Carrying all of our stuff plus three 5-year olds wasn't possible...but we couldn't tell that to the boys. I picked up two of them (Michael and Kevin) in my arms and walked as far as we could. Kara helped JJ. I left the boys and Kara at downtown Disney (about 1/2 mile from the parking lot). They all fell onto the grass and waited for me....except for my son Kevin. Kevin asked to come with me. After taking 5 steps he asked me to pick him up and I did. While walking Kevin had his head nuzzled in my neck. He then said to me, "I love you Daddy. Someday when I get bigger and you get smaller......I'll carry you." It was at that moment I realized how much our children understand the spirit of service...and how they learn by example. I now look forward to the day where my sons will be able to say...."It's okay Daddy I'll carry you."



7 comments:

Leslie Roark said...

Oh how I miss the boys! When will you all be vacationing here at the beach?!

Jinksee said...

Love this post. What a tender family you have. Disneyland sounds like it was so fun! I was there when I was younger..much younger..and oh how I long to go back and share the excitement with my own kiddos. :D

Rebecca Tyler said...

What a beautiful moment to hear your son say that. Your family is precious, it is so great that you are able to spend such quality time together. :o) Love the photos...so sweet.

Jacob Bergmeier said...

Hello Jason: Long time no talk! I love the last photo... your son has a "remove that bleeping camera from my face DAD!!!" I love it!!!

Aliya said...

That is the sweetest story! :)

Kara May said...

I absolutely love that sweet story. They are what having a family is all about - love and caring. Fabulous post and thanks so much for sharing.

mjshdiif said...

always loved movies and movie culture.Louboutin: Not at all. I never wanted to work in fashion. At age 12 or 13, I wanted to design for showgirls -- for the theater! And I was crazy for the Hollywood of the 1950s:Christian Louboutin Outlet Dietrich, Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Jones. They were my idea of glamour -- and Sylvie Vartan, the French singer. I knew her in France, and then she came to the U.S. And one day early i

-update, this will avoid a temporary emWith Fang's about, including the brain gradually sink monks live in harmony sketched the scene, only to suddenly hear she changed the subject, but also the future and think Christian Louboutin Flatscarefully, before the body has reason to respond to swear nodded and said: "Mother told there is nothing."See Shen did not hesitate with his promise, the party's a bit embarrassing opening

noticed by Zheng Dongni the tears on the face, she held out her arms to exaggeration in flutter in the past:" sister --" I am grabbed her arm:" a bit lighter, not like before the tactlessly or indiscreetly." Nanyin immediately on the face by a layer of surprises lit."" Really?" She cried," I shall soon be when aunt, right, sister?" I nodded, but Zheng Dongni still dumb as a wooden chicken. Nanyin

ux de tous, Christian Louboutin s'est montré particulièrement décontracté avec celle qui a pour habitude de dévaliser ses boutiques à chacun de ses passages.Mais n'allez pas croire que le prestigieux chausseur Christian Louboutin Daffodilse comporte ainsi avec toutes ses clientes... Pas du tout ! Vu hier en compagnie de Zahia lors d'une soirée célébrant une nouvelle fois sa marque et ses créations, le chausseur des