Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WPPI 2008 Print Competition

Below are some of the pics that I'm considering...as well as some from my last wedding for the WPPI 8x10 print competition. As you can tell I really love what I do....and I just love taking pictures of brides. None of the women below are models...just blushing brides and I really enjoy shooting them. I went to a seminar recently with Joe Buissink and he stated that a client told him she could tell through his photography that Joe loved women....I thought that was a great thing to say, and very telling.

Your style is defined by what you shoot, the way you shoot it, and ultimately what you love to shoot. I never worry about it when a client asks what style I shoot...photojournalistic, fashion, traditional, etc. I just tell them..I shoot my style...if you like the photos in the portfolio we're in business! Be true to your style and you will be more successful than trying to be something you're not. So go out there and shoot!
























6 comments:

Leslie Roark said...

Breathtaking.. simply breathtaking. I know this has nothing to do with this post but thank you for being such a wonderful friend. God has really blessed me and surrounded me with wonderful people!

Memories by Micha said...

They are all so great and God has blessed you with so much talent you are so fabulous at what you do!

Jinksee said...

Your post...this is exactly what I needed to hear today. You have talent beyond compare..and your photos reflect just how much you love your work. :D Thank you for always being so truthful..

Rebecca Tyler said...

SO MANY gorgeous shots! How do you just choose one? :o)I love what you said about shooting in your own style. I truly enjoy that about photography and other Photographers...seeing all the different styles and the passion that comes through everyones work. You are so inspiring! :o)

Ele ^_^ said...

Wow.. really a lot of wonderful images!!! ^^

Aliya said...

So honored that you selected one of our pictures!!! You truly have a talent... can't wait to work with you again in October!! :)