Monday, May 5, 2008

Maui Sunsets- hard to say goodbye

Leaving is always the hardest thing to do...and leaving Maui is never easy. My last night there before leaving on my flight I went down to the beach and got these shots of the sunset at Lahaina beach. Hawaii is a photographers paradise which is why I love going there so often. I plan on my next trip to Hawaii including Kauai so I can add some pics from that island. Kauai is so beautiful and I plan on getting there this year.

The shot of the surfers on the beach was done by overexposing the photo when it was taken and then bringing down the exposure in Lightroom...it's a great technique if you like that look. Let me know what you think!



7 comments:

TripletsRus said...

ok, I am packing my bags!

Jacob Bergmeier said...

That first sunset shot with the surfer is KILLER!

Cue the theme song to Baywatch! (when it was cool)

Ricki Ford said...

These make me miss Hawaii a lot. It takes me back to hen I use to go see my sister when she lived there.
Beautiful shots Jason.

Jinksee said...

Sniff..sniff.. it's going to be hard for me to not see anymore of your Hawaii photos! :D They are so beautiful, you captured it in a way that's unforgettable.

Melis said...

So jealous of these amazing views... they make me want to move to Hawaii!

I'm in a wedding you are shooting in October and I'm SO excited to meet such a talented photographer :)

Rebecca Tyler said...

Sooo, don't hate me but I tagged you for a "survey" type of thing, which you can see the details on my blog. These things are silly, but I figured why not. :o)

Beadale Photography said...

Love the 1st one. That must have really been somthing to see. I would have to photograph sunsets, because I could never drag my lazy behind out of bed to capture a sunrise.