Monday, April 14, 2008

Thruster

We went to the Big Island and had a photo shoot with a great surfer and skater named Bradley Young. He skates for Thruster USA and really is a great talent. I met up with him and his Uncle named Blaine Alconera. Blaine is a fun and crazy guy who strapped me to the back of an open bed pickup truck while Bradley skated behind me going quickly down a hill.

The funniest thing was when a police officer passed us doing this and I thought we were screwed. Instead he waved and passed us which made me laugh out loud. In California they probably would have ticketed both me and Blaine and towed the car to boot. They really are a talented family and Blaine has also done a lot of work in photography. It was a great pleasure to meet them and make some wonderful new local friends on the big island.










11 comments:

Memories by Micha said...

Wow these are great! The sky is just unbelievable. I think the last one is my favorite!

Jacob Bergmeier said...

That looks like a ton of fun to shoot!... Not sure I would have been skateboarding with sandals on though. That guy has guts!

Rebecca Tyler said...

These photos are VERY COOL! Love them all!

Leslie Roark said...

I'm just posting on one because you've had so many great post recently. But aside from that you really are a brave trusting soul! Awesome shots! I miss you guys too! Give Kara and the boys a big hug for me!

Leslie Roark said...

Oops..posts..not post.

Thruster said...

Killer shots - all of em! and yes Bradley Young rips. Check out the video on the same hill, http://www.thrusterusa.com and the sky is KILLER. No polution, and the background of the ocean is AWESOME. The reason he can wear sandals is because the boards turn so easy, you can even ride barefoot, just dont fall. Blaine did a killer job setting up the shoot for Jason and the shots prove it. Mahalo to all. Peace from the factory.

Jason Lanier said...

It was a great pleasure to work with Blaine and he did do a great job getting everything ready for the ride down the hill. We also found this great new street where we got a better shot of the ocean where we took a majority of the shots taken. I can't thank Blaine and Bradley enough for everything.

Jason Lanier said...

Also...Bradley needs a new board.

Beadale Photography said...

Cool shots!

Ruby said...

How fun Jason! These are killer shots.

Jinksee said...

I LOVE these photos! You are so creative when you photograph..instead of just shooting photos..you get completely different views. Seriously, love these. :D