Friday, March 14, 2008

Allie's Sunrise



The pictures below are of the most humbling and important photo shoots I have ever done. My brother Kevin called me last Saturday to ask if I could come to Utah and do a photo shoot with his family before his baby girl Allie passed away. I left immediately from Phoenix where I was doing a photo shoot and drove straight to Salt Lake City. We met Sunday night at the temple in Salt Lake City where we did the photo shoot with his wife Kristen and son Isaac.

It was truly one of the neatest moments of my life being able to capture this last moment the family had to share together before Allie joined her Heavenly Father. We stayed up in Utah and on Tuesday morning I woke up early and drove to a Nature Reserve, laid in the ice and snow and captured this shot with the intention of naming the picture "Allie's Sunrise." Allie died 5 hours later in her Father's arms and I feel blessed to have been a part of her young and precious life. I will never forget her and it makes me squeeze my sons even tighter when I hug them. We never know what will happen in life so take advantage of every moment you have.
























14 comments:

Melissa McClure Photography said...

I'm in tears from your post. How special that you can do that for your family. I hope Allie didn't suffer very much :(

Rebecca Tyler said...

Jason, tears are flowing (both me and my husband), our hearts are breaking for your family and we are also praying that little Allie passed peacefully. These photos are so precious and it is truly a blessing that God was able to use you and your beautiful gift of photography to capture this very special time. Lifting your family up in prayer today, that you may all be covered in peace and comfort during this time. Praise God that Allie is with Him now...full of life in glorious Heaven, never to suffer or be in pain.

Thank you for sharing this personal post with everyone and for the humble reminder to treasure every minute of every day.

Photographs By Tiffany said...

Oh what a heart touching post~ I am at a loss for words~ I am sorry for your family's loss and wish them all the strength to get through this extremely difficult time. You captured everything so well. What beautiful photographs~
I am very sorry for the loss of Allie~ My heart goes out to you and your family.

Leslie Roark said...

Oh Jason, I am SO very sorry for you and your families loss. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do! I will keep all of you in my prayers!

Jacob Bergmeier said...

Your family will be in my thoughts.

Memories by Micha said...

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I know Allie is smiling down from heaven at you. These pictures are just great she will never be forgotten!!!

TripletsRus said...

I am glad you posted these. I keep coming back to look at them. kara

Photographs By Tiffany said...

What a beautiful slideshow~ I already had posted but just watched the slide show and wow is it powerful.
What a beautiful little girl~I hope your family is doing well.
Thank you for sharing ~

Jeret Slack said...

WOW Awesome shoots

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I am so touched. You are such a great brother to give such a gift...these pictures are priceless.

Ruby said...

Jason, I hadn't been on your blog for a couple of weeks and had no idea about your niece.

I'm sorry for the loss of this precious little girl Allie. Your images are touching, emotional, and beautiful.

Jinksee said...

There are no words to describe what you captured here in your photos. Behind my tears, I can see such love shining through your photographs of your brother and his family. What an awesome, awesome moment. Life is truly special...how lucky you all are to have shared those precious years together with a sweet angel girl.

Rnormfoto said...

you know that was tough just to sit through - i'm not sure i'd of had the strength to hold myself together while shooting

Heath Orrell said...

How comforting the gospel of Jesus Christ is during these times of trial. My friend, my heart goes out to you and your family during this time of sadness. Though isn't it wonderful that the sacrifice of our Savior provides a way for us all to be resurrected and perfected? My thoughts are with you.