Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brides, Heroes, and Lighthouses


I just returned from a fantastic wedding in Florida last weekend. It was a total Marine wedding which was great because my brother in law is an active Marine, and I truly respect all of our military servicemen and women that keep us safe. We started off the wedding at the hotel, moved to the chapel that was on base, and then to the Reception which was on the beach at the Officer's Club at the base in Pensacola. After the Reception we went out for a shoot on the beach and then found this unbelievable Lighthouse (I love lighthouses) and had a once in a lifetime shoot.


This couple was also the winner of the Best Photographer in Los Angeles competition...where I promised to shoot a wedding for free if I was fortunate enough to win the distinction of Best Photographer in Los Angeles. The couple was excited to have me come out to the wedding, but more importantly, I was THRILLED to provide something for them, and they were such a willing couple that it made for a super fun shoot. Let me know what you think about the pics...and which ones you like the most. I put up more than usual because the bride and groom wanted to be able to see some while on their honeymoon.








































8 comments:

Jacob Bergmeier said...

Great shots of this Military wedding. I love your night shots and the one of the sword took me a second to figure out what I was looking at.... I like that.

JB

Jason Lanier said...

Also, a huge thanks to MICHA EVERETT for all her help during the wedding. I truly couldn't have done it without her. She is a great photographer and even better friend.

THANKS MICHA!

Jinksee said...

These are by far my favorite wedding photos you've taken. :D I love them!! Lighthouses are fantastic and that's so cool how you were able to get them in your shots. :D

Judy Farrell said...

Terrific shots! I attended the wedding and saw many happy moments but your photos captured the magic!! You can actually feel emotions in play. I'm a lighthouse lover too and have seen lighthouses from Maine to Kauai. I never knew how beautiful a wedding combined with a lighthouse background could be. Wonderful!

Memories by Micha said...

Jason you have no idea I had the best time EVER! I haven't stopped bragging since we shot the wedding. Thanks for letting me shoot with you I can't wait till next time!!! These shots are amazing I can't wait to see the rest I have been checking the blog every second waiting to see them!!!

Leslie Roark said...

OMG! Of course the one night I am not home these pictures get put up!! They look amazing as usual!! I know Andrea can't wait to see them!!! It was so great to see you that weekend and wow.. they are great!

Eric Foley said...

Semper Fi, or something like that? I was a Navy guy, we were always getting hassled by Marines. Very sexy night shots! Don't you just love when Brides and Grooms will do what ever you want! Nice work:)

Bob Q said...

Jason my family and I are eternally grateful to you and Micha for photographing this wedding. Your work is truly amazing. We are doubly blessed to hear you both had a great time. If you are ever in south Florida and want some great shots of the Everglades I would be happy to act as you guide. Thanks Again, Bob & Cheryl