Friday, August 3, 2007

Crystal Tagged Me

Yay! My turn!

THE RULES:
1. Post these rules before you give the facts.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) someone and list their name (linking to their page.
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they've been tagged!

1. I served a 2 year mission in Korea. I spent my time there visiting orphanages, teaching English, serving the elderly, and best of all, teaching people about Christ. Some of the BEST 2 years of my life.

2. I am completely fluent (read, write, and speak) in 3 languages
- Korean, Spanish, and of course English. I studied Korean before I went to Korea and completely immersed myself and mastered it. When I returned home from Korea I worked as a Korean language court translator. My father was a high school Spanish teacher and with his help I studied Spanish for more than 6 years.

3. I a musician. I play the piano and compose music. I also sing. Too bad I am too old for American Idol! My mother is a composer and teaches piano to excelled students. I have a very musical family.

4. I have 4 brothers and 1 sister. There are 6 of us. I am the second oldest. Having a large family is so cool for so many reasons but when my father passed away (he was 60) about a year and a half ago we were all together to help each other and my mother through it.

5. I have identical triplet boys. My wife and I adopted them. They were 8 months old when we brought them home and they were about 18 months old when we finalized the adoption. Adoption is wonderful! We are the luckiest parents in the world.

6. When I was 7 years old I got Leg-Perthese
Disease in my right hip. I spent many years in large braces. I think
the reason why I have developed a love and sensitivity for people who
suffer and who are in need is due to those years of being teased while in those braces. Today I walk and run and play sports with my kids. I walked miles and miles every day in Korea. If you saw me you would not even know that I had trouble walking as a child. Wow! I am so blessed.

7. I hate pickles. I really really hate them. When I was dating my wife she made me eat a jar of pickles to prove my love to her. She said, "If you love me you will eat this whole jar." What was I supposed to do? Of course I ate them!

8. I own 6 cars. Yep, 6! I inherited my grandpas hardly ever driven, practically new Chevy Caprice Classic. I have a mini-van (my wife drives that one!) and a PT Cruiser.
Now for my fun cars: I have a Turbo Nissan 280 ZX, a Supercharged Toyota MR2 with T-tops, and mint condition Trans Am WS6.
My wife is so cool. She let's me keep all my fun cars. I garage most of
them but right now I am driving the Trans Am. Man that car is fast!



I tag carla: http://photosbycarla.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Jinksee said...

Wow! Those are some pretty amazing things! I love that you have triplets..um..can we all say, "BUSY!" :D What a blessing, though.
And the whole pickle thing...I'm right there with ya! Hate them with a passion. :D

Steven Kang said...

Dude, how cool is that. I was born in Korea, but grew up in state side. I also speak Korean, English and half of Spanish. haha.

Ricki Ford said...

I got tag by my buddy Steven Kang. But I am haveing a hard time getting it done. Yours is pretty cool..

Crystal said...

Hi Jason,

That is so neat that you speak 3 languages, and that you and Steven both are from Korea. What a small world. Those are some interesting and Random things on your blog. And musicalically inclined as well. You are just extraordinary in the arts, my friend.

KJunier said...

I want to adopt if/when I get married someday. It's always encouraging to "meet" people who have adopted.

Also, that's wild about how you are so mobile now, even though you had leg braces years ago! I have a really mild case of spina bifida, and I try to keep in mind how fortunate I am that I don't need the braces...and that I can walk, run, etc. I also have club foot, and the doctors told me I'd never be able to do things like water skiing or snow skiing or ice skating. Those are my three favorite activities! Go figure! :)

And in regards to the Old Testament, I'm so close! I just finished Micah! I'm hoping to finish it all before I head back to SoCal next week.

Paige Kearin said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing.

lauramkelley said...

You truly make my life sound boring. Thanks so much for sharing

Christie said...

identical triplet boys, what an amazing blessing!!!

the find your spot site is really cool. my husband and i used it before we moved here to the mountains. :)

and the wedding shot down below is just fantastic. i love the creativity of shots like this.

Carla Ten Eyck said...

ok, ok Jason, I will get on my post now! ;) You have some really amazing info on here, makes me motivated to share, for sure!

Rebecca Tyler said...

I loved reading this. Some very amazing experiences and fun facts about you. I love that you proved your love by eating nasty pickles. Your mission trip to Korea must have been so cool. God truly blessed you to be able to go out and share your life experiences and touch the lives of others...through your own struggles, your triumphs, your talents and your love of Him.

Keep doing all you do! Very inspiring.

Rebecca Tyler said...

PS-I also give you a big high five for adopting. We have 5 adoptions throughout my family (both of my older brothers, and 3 nieces) and it is such a huge blessing to our lives.